Sunday, April 22, 2012

Alejandro's Crispy Pata: Now in Century Plaza Commercial Complex

Me and my wife were walking to National Bookstore around lunchtime from Redemptorist Church and along the way, we saw a signboard in Century Plaza Commercial Complex, Juana Osmena Street, Cebu City which says "Alejandro's Crispy Pata, now open" or something like that. We thought maybe "crispy pata" is the restaurant's specialty and perhaps they also serve Filipino dishes, so we decided to give it a try.


We were fortunate to meet the owner of the restaurant inside. From her we learned that the restaurant had a different location before and was known then as plainly Alejandro's. For the past 20 years of its existence, it established "crispy pata" as its specialty, the favorite of its customers.

Now on its new location, it had its soft opening last Easter Sunday. The newest location is a better location as it is inside a commercial complex at the back of Muvan's Pocherohan and Seafood and customers don't need to go to Ayala or SM to taste Filipino food especially those offering crispy pata. It caters to families, barkadas, officemates who want to eat Filipino dishes together and late at night, it can serve friends who want to have crispy pata as a "pulutan".

Let's go to their crispy pata.

The photo above was taken using just my cellphone. In reality, it really looks better believe me. For the price of P325, you get a very crispy, tender, delicious pata. Unlike other pata's, slicing and getting a piece of it is effortless. You will definitely have fun savoring it to the bones. It is one of the best tasting patas I have tried in Cebu and the nice thing is, it is just near the Mango Avenue vicinity so one does not have to go to the malls to try crispy pata.

We also tried their sinigang na isda (I believe it is tangigue) and it was really sinigang not "tinuwa" with fresh fish, green veggies and tomatoes as part of the ingredients. We also like it.

They also offer other Filipino dishes in their menu and I think we will come back for more.
*****
I recently attended the formal opening of Alejandro's and I got to taste their other menu offerings.
Relyenong talong
By the taste, you won't know there's talong (eggplant) in the relyenong talong. I highly recommend it if you are tired of eating relatively "fatty" food. I love the mix of the egg, tomato and onions. Thumbs up for this one.

Sizzling squid with gata (spicy coconut cream sauce)
I don't really know what they call this in the menu but this is the first time I have seen a sizzling squid prepared like this. The one on top of it is green chili pepper.

The first time I went to Alejandro's, the owner recommended this...sinigang na hipon (shrimp). Unlike other sinigangs it has relatively more veggies mixed in it and the shrimp is fresh.


They actually offer good appetizers like chicken strips and cheese sticks.

Below is a better-looking picture of their crispy pata.


I would sum up eating at Alejandro's as "a pleasant dining out experience with the feel of enjoying your mom's cooking at home."

Expect more to come from Alejandro's like their Crispy Sisig, Pochero Tagalog, unlimited rice and entertainment like the one guests experienced during their opening when there were singing performers on stage.

And before I forget...there's dessert - suman with what seems to taste like muscovado sugar syrup. Perfect!

Last night, I was asked by one of the singers (who I guess is a friend of Alexis Yap who manages the restaurant) about whether I am a regular customer of Alejandro's.

I will end this post with my answer: "I think I will be a regular customer of Alejandro's Crispy Pata."

Alejandro's Crispy Pata is open for lunch from 11 am to 2 pm everyday, dinner and drinks from 6pm to 1 am (Mondays to Thurdays), 6pm to 3am (Fridays and Saturdays), 6pm to 10pm (Sundays). Call 253-7921 for table reservations, take-out and delivery.


Cebu Trivia Night is on Wednesdays 9pm to 11pm. Live Acoustic Music and Singing is 10 pm onwards on Thursdays to Saturdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment